Are you tired of thinking yourself out of success? You could be weighed down and held back by something that is invisible, yet is among the most powerful bits of energy that exist in the world today.
Your self-limiting beliefs might have you bound and tied for so long that you don’t even notice anymore.
Stop handing over your life to your self-limiting beliefs!
Here is a 5-step approach to breaking the (mental) chains that bind you:
- Identify your self-limiting beliefs. Ask yourself:
- What negative thoughts recur in my mind almost every time I face something new, difficult, or big?
- Which of my values contradicts that which I’d like to achieve?
- What is my old (tired) story — the one I use to excuse/exclude myself from moving forward in a positive way?
- List the ways these self-limiting beliefs hold you back, in…
- your self esteem
- your relationships with others
- your work
- your overall success
- Create new self-affirming beliefs. Ask yourself:
- What have I done in the past (or what am I doing now) that disproves this disempowering belief?
- What do I need to do to leave my “old story” in the past, and create a “new story” for the rest of my life?
- How can I describe myself in a way that makes me feel good about me?
- Choose to be more mindful about your thoughts and the power (negative or positive) they yield, on a daily basis.
- Create 3-4 positive self-statements to use as an empowering phrase to fuel you on your journey to consciously choosing more positive self-beliefs.
No one has more control over you than you. Even under the worst conditions, you get to choose how you respond. Change your mind — change your life!