1. Grieve. Grieve the life you thought you were going to live. Then, move forward and make it the way you want it to be.
2. Anger/Vitality. Anger provides great vitality. Learn to channel your anger into positive things.
3. Ownership. Own your journey. Take 100% responsibility for your actions.
4. Choice. Crisis or opportunity? You decide. Create ways to make any crisis an opportunity.
5. Make Fear Your Friend. Find ways to confront your fears, instead of running from them.
6. Find Laughter. Laughter shifts the scope of the difficulty.
7. My Life is a Play. I am the producer. Do I want to be the hero, the victim? What role do I want to play?
8. A Little Help from Friends/Professionals. Ask for the support you need, to grow. It’s okay to receive counseling, to help you address the issues in your life that you find yourself struggling with.
9. It’s My Team. You choose who is on your team. If they are not supportive, they can take the bench.
10. Everybody sells. We sell ourselves every day. What are you buying and does it serve you?
11. Invitation to Change. When things come up, be open and curious.
12. Attitude of Gratitude. Write down three things you are grateful for each day, no matter what your circumstances.
13. Perfection. Do not strive for perfection. That is not an attainable goal. Instead, strive to become a better person or to improve your life. Because we are human, nobody is perfect. (Once you change your perspective and embrace this, it’s amazing how things begin to shift for you).
14. Play BIG. Are you holding yourself back from your dreams? How can I play bigger in my life?